On this episode, Elizabeth Alex stops by the AJi IdeaLoft office to discuss Visual Storytelling. Elizabeth is an Emmy Award-winning television news anchor who has spent 17 years at KSHB, the NBC affiliate in Kansas City. In the past 3 years she has made the transition to a local nonprofit where she brings her storytelling expertise to their social media and community outreach initiatives.
In this podcast, we discuss how marketers can become better storytellers by using visual media like photography and video. I can’t wait to interview Elizabeth and her team again at their office or who knows, maybe in the field.
In our information segment Alyssa Murfey, Senior Social Media Strategist at VML, shares some news about Instagram and the new image sizing feature they recently released.
Elizabeth shares three tips on how marketers can add visual storytelling to their content efforts:
- Start with a quality photograph – post an image that is compelling
- Look authentic – go beyond the perfect marketing meeting output
- Try some things – don’t be afraid to make a mistake
- Bonus: Tie to the important news stories that affect you – be part of the conversation if there is a reason to do it
- Her family
- The people Unbound works with in the field
- Her team